There are 7 signs of a workplace disease or even more, some employers and employees don’t want you to know they are sick of it. The disease is called COMPLEX.
Here are some signs and symptoms of this horrific pandemic:
- Employers with a complex think paying your salary on time is doing you a favour. They want you to beg and run after them so they can feel important. They love employees who pretend to be OK with that kind of attitude although they are not aware these employees are the biggest thieves in their companies.
- An employer with a complex always wants you to promote their business but never care about your own business. To them, it’s all me me me me! When you remind them of your own interest, they get pissed off. They love crafty and pretentious employees who secretly promote their own businesses at the expense of the company.
- Employers with a complex hate being told the truth. They’ll crucify you. They promote and speak well of employees who backbite and stoop low to their selfish games.
- Employers with a complex never stick to their promises. They’ll promise you heaven on earth when their business is at infancy stage. But when they start making much profit, they’d tell you it’s my business, it’s my sweat, it’s my initiative. Who are you to tell me how to run my business? They love employees who are naïve of the effort they put into a company. They also hate employees who are transparent and seek accountability.
- 99.99% of employers with a complex did not work hard to earn the wealth they own. Someone with genuine wealth will value the labour of her employees. No doubt, they love employees who manipulate others and rise to power positions because they themselves are manipulators.
- Employers with a complex think they are your demi-gods. They think if they get you fired, you will crawl back to them weeping and asking for help. If you don’t worship them, they’ll make you suffer. They leave with the illusion that you’d never find a better offer than what they are offered you. They love employees who worship them, and pledge their loyalty to work for them forever. Such employees would often say: I am protecting my job. I will do whatever it takes to protect my job even if it means to…..
- Employers with a complex are threatened by the success of their employees. They love employees who are broke and always dependent on them. Such employees will always tell you: Let’s pray for God to bless our employer/boss so that he can have enough money to pay us. They’d never pray for God to bless their colleagues or even ask God to bless their brokenness and upgrade their mean mentality.
If you want to rise above such employees and employers,
Trust God and seek His kingdom first. He will provide for you. This is called faith. There is time for everything under the sun. If you lack today you will have it tomorrow. And for the employer, if you bless others, God will bless you abundantly.
Grow up to maturity. If you don’t trust God and His principles, you will live a lie for the rest of your life.
Develop side skills and side hustles. Having one stream of income will expose you to the mercy of your employer. Likewise an employer should strive to empower their employees so that these employees will in turn empower their empire. It is a win-win game.
Which kind of employer or employee are you?
Share with me below